CSC e-Governance Services India Limited is a Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV) incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Government of India, to monitor the implementation of the Common Services Centers Scheme. It provides a centralized collaborative framework for delivery of services to citizens through CSCs, besides ensuring systemic viability and sustainability of the scheme.
Vision of CSC SPV
To develop CSCs as a dependable, reliable and ubiquitous IT enabled network of Citizen Service Points connecting local population with the Government departments, business establishments, banks and insurance companies and educational institutions, with an impact on primary, secondary and tertiary sectors of the country’s economy.
Role of CSC SPV
- Ensure ubiquitous presence of citizen service points in all geographies, in line with the vision of ‘Digital India’ and to operationalise CSCs across States/UTs
- Support GOI / States/ UTs to enable delivery of G2C services
- Facilitate integration of e-Governance services (Central/State MMPs) portals and NIC driven applications
- Support State Designated Agencies (SDAs) in setting up of state CSC portals using requisite API integration with payment gateway, etc.
- Enable delivery of financial and related services such as Aadhaar, banking, insurance and pension
- Create a framework for enabling monitoring of G2C services
- Ensure growth of e-transactions at the CSCs
- Create awareness and capacity building among various stakeholders within and outside the Government
- Capacity building of Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) and other stakeholders